Medical model medical model discussed
Disease what is disease
Diagnosis As A system
System Approach to obesity
Complex Systems complex system detail
Concept neurons Concept neuron Jenifer lopez
Neuro-scientific advancements relevant to psychology:
Neural complexity and matching complexity Free energy,
and state-space internal configurations, Cognition and neural-network recruitments, Global workspace and consciousness, Default mode networks, Ego and basic internal configuration.
Possible innovative breakthroughs:
Clinical phenomenology of mental disorders relevant historical perspective, Clinical phenomenology of mental disorders relevant classifications and current crises (RDoC)
Exercise in innovation: Can we achieve breakthroughs from what we have learned up to now?
- Default mode networks & Personality disorders
- Optimization emergent properties & mood disorders
- Connectivity imbalances & psychotic spectrum disorders and schizophrenias
- Clinical Brain Profiling & other mental disorders
Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia drawing –
- Parallel Distributed Processing McClelland & Rumelhatr
- Default mode and ego function. Harris Friston
- Dynamic network connectivity Arnest
- Neuroanalysis. Peled
- From sensation to cognition Marcel Mesulam
End Course requirements, written assay of no more than 5 pages (12 David or times roman font 1.5 space) where the student is required to elaborate on self-generated ideas of himself that he thinks can contribute to innovation in the filed discussed in the course. Divided into 1) Background, 2) theoretical discussion 3) Formulated theory 4) how it can be validated and how is it useful to the field?