Dedicated to the search for effective treatments for brain disorders and a cure for psychiatric illnesses
Meet Abraham Peled
- Geva AB, Peled A. Simulation of cognitive disturbances by a dynamic threshold neural network model. Journal of International Neuropsychology 2000 Jul; 6(5):608-619.
- Peled A, Geva AB. The perception of Rorschach inkblots in schizophrenia: a neural network model. International Journal of Neuroscience 2000 Sep-Oct; 104(1-4):49-61.
- Peled A, Ritsner M, Hirschmann S, Geva AB, Modai I. Touch-feel illusion in schizophrenic patients. Biological Psychiatry 2000 Dec 1; 48(11):1105-1108.
- Peled A, Geva AB, Kremen WS, Blankfeld HM, Esfandiarfard R, Nordahl TE. Functional connectivity and working memory in schizophrenia: an EEG study. International Journal of Neuroscience 2001 Jan; 106(1-2):47-61.
- Hiemke C, Peled A, Jabarin M, Hadjez J, Weigmann H, Hartter S, Modai I, Ritsner M, Silver H. Fluvoxamine augmentation of olanzapine in chronic schizophrenia: pharmacokinetic interactions and clinical effects. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology 2002 Oct; 22(5):502-506.
- Ku J, Cho W, Kim JJ, Peled A, Wiederhold BK, Wiederhold MD, Kim IY, Lee JH, Kim SI. A virtual environment for investigating schizophrenic patients’ characteristics: assessment of cognitive and navigation ability. Cyberpsychology Behaviour 2003 Aug; 6(4):397-404.
- Peled A, Pressman A, Geva AB, Modai I. Somatosensory evoked potentials during a rubber hand illusion in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research 2003 Nov 15; 64(2-3):157-163.
- Sorkin A, Peled A, Weinshall D. Virtual reality testing of multi-modal integration in schizophrenic patients. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2005; 111:508-514.
- Peled A, Netzer I, Modai I. Rating textual associations in organized and non-organized sentences for the assessment of semantic networks in schizophrenia. Comprehensive Psychiatry 2005 May-Jun; 46(3):176-180.
- Sorkin A, Weinshall D, Modai I, Peled A. Improving the accuracy of the diagnosis of schizophrenia by means of virtual reality. American Journal of Psychiatry Mar 2006; 163:3.
- Barkan T, Peled A, Modai I, Weizmann A, Rehavi M. Characterization of the serotonin transporter in lymphocytes and platelets of schizophrenia patients treated with atypical or typical antipsychotics compared to healthy individuals Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2006 Jan 19; 16(6) 429-36.
- Barkan T, Peled A, Modai I, Peretz B, Weizmann A, Rehavi M. Characterization of the serotonin transporter in lymphocytes and platelets of aggressive schizophrenia patients compared to non-aggressive schizophrenia patients. European Neuropsychparmachology 2006 May 1716(8) 572-9
- Levit-Binnun N, Handzi N, Peled A, Modai I, Moses E. Transcranial magnetic stimulation in a finger-tapping task separates motor from timing mechanisms and induces frequency doubling. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 2007 May; 19(5):721-733.
- Levit-Binnun N, Nestor H, Moses E, Modai I, Peled A. Transcranial magnetic stimulation at M1 disrupts cognitive networks in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research 2007 Jul; 93(1-3):334-344. Epub 2007 Apr 12.
- Sorkin A, Weinshall D, Peled A. The distortion of reality perception in schizophrenia patients, as measured in virtual reality. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2008; 132:475-480.
- Levit-Binnun N, Litvak V, Pratt H, Moses E, Zaroor M, Peled A. Differences in TMS-evoked responses between schizophrenia patients and healthy controls can be observed without a dedicated EEG system. Clinical Neurophysiology 2010 Mar; 121(3):332-339.
- Fogelson N, Ribolsi M, Fernandez-Del-Olmo M, Rubino IA, Romeo D, Koch G, Peled A. Neural correlates of local contextual processing deficits in schizophrenic patients. Psychophysiology2011 Sep; 48(9):1217-1226.
- Fogelson N, Li L, Li Y, Fernandez-Del-Olmo M, Santos-Garcia D, Peled A. Functional connectivity abnormalities during contextual processing in schizophrenia and in Parkinson’s disease. Brain Cogn. 2013 Aug; 82(3):243-253.
- Arzouan Y, Moses E, Peled A, Levit-Binnun N. Impaired network stability in schizophrenia revealed by TMS perturbations. Schizophrenia Research 2014 Jan; 152(1):322-324.
- Fogelson N, Peled A, Marmor S, Fernandez-Del-Olmo M, Klein E. Local contextual processing in major depressive disorder. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014; 125(3):476-483.
- Fogelson N, Litvak V,Peled A, Fernandez-Del-Olmo M, Friston K. The functional anatomy of schizophrenia: a dynamic causal modeling study of predictive coding. Schizophr Res. 2014 Jul 206.011
- Dvey-Aharon Z, Fogelson N,Peled A, Intrator N. Schizophrenia detection and classification by advanced analysis of EEG recordings using a single electrode approach. PLoS One. 2015 Apr 2;10(4)
- Tron T, Peled A, Grinsphoon A,Weinshall D. Automated Facial Expressions Analysis in Schizophrenia: a Continuous Dynamic Approach. MindCare, Sept 2015.
- Tron T,Peled A, Grinsphoon A, Weinshall D. Differentiating facial incongruity and flatness in schizophrenia, using structured light camera data. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2016 Aug;2016:2427-2430.
- Sauer A, Zeev-Wolf M, Grent-‘t-Jong T, Recasens M, Wacongne C, Wibral M, Helbling S, Peled A, Grinshpoon A, Singer W, Goldstein A, Uhlhaas PJ. Impairment in predictive processes during auditory mismatch negativity in ScZ: Evidence from event-related fields. Hum Brain Mapp. 2017 Jul 5
- Katz R, Peled A, Grinshpoon A. Development of Technology for Assisting Violent Psychiatric Patients. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;242:389-395.
- Rubinson M, Levit-Binnun N, Peled A, Naim-Feil J, Freche D, Moses E. Hierarchy measurement for modeling network dynamics under directed attacks. Phys Rev E. 2017 Nov;96(5-1)
- Dvey-Aharon Z, Fogelson N, Peled A, Intrator N Connectivity maps based analysis of EEG for the advanced diagnosis of schizophrenia attributes. PLoS One.2017 Oct 19;12(10):e0185852.
- Naim-Feil J, Rubinson M, Freche D, Grinshpoon A, Peled A, Moses E, Levit-Binnun N. Altered Brain Network Dynamics in Schizophrenia: A Cognitive Electroencephalography Study. Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging.2018 Jan;3(1):88-98
- Freche D, Naim-Feil J, PeledA, Levit-Binnun N, Moses E. A quantitative physical model of the TMS-induced discharge artifacts in EEG. PLoS Comput Biol. 2018 Jul 17;14(7):e1006177
- Zeev-Wolf M, Levy J, Jahshan C, PeledA, Levkovitz Y, Grinshpoon A, Goldstein A. MEG resting-state oscillations and their relationship to clinical symptoms in schizophrenia. Neuroimage Clin. 2018 Sep 17;20:753-761
From 1998 and currently Chair of department at Shaa’r-Menashe MHC Israel. Chairing various departments including forensic psychiatry wards providing court psychiatric opinions.
From 1998 holding academic position, Clinical Assistant Professor and neuroscientist at the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology.
2017 Cofounder of Brain Profiler
1998 Founder of “Neuroanalysis,” website, initially for research and teaching purposes
From 1998 teaching positions include Head of residency program and head of student psychiatry clerkship at Shaa’r-Menashe MHC supervisor for PhD students.
Graduated MD from La Sapienza University of Rome Italy 1988
Post-Doc in Neuroscience UCD Medical Center California 1995-1998
Residency in psychiatry Rambam Medical Center Graduate 1995
Author of four books and publications applying physics of complex-systems to psychiatric diagnosis.
Future plans include promoting advanced Neuroanalytic diagnosis for brain-related psychiatry, by using research, start-up technologies, teaching and by establishing a scientific community / association titled neuroanalysis